VMB Partners was established in 1999 by a group of finance, local governance and law experts, their main objective being the initiation of bond issues in Romania.
The partners have experience in various areas: local government administration and direct investments in Romania; capital market in Ireland; municipal bonds and public finances in the United States.
In 2001, VMB Partners initiated and coordinated the issuing of the first two municipal bonds after WWII: Predeal and Mangalia. To this moment, VMB Partners assisted over 47 financings through municipal bond issues and loans with maturities up to 23 years, such as: Suceava, Timis County Council, Zalau, Orastie, Slobozia, Iasi, Aninoasa, Focsani, Bacau, Teius, Timisoara, Alba Iulia, Bistrita, Tirgu Mures, Alba County Council, Hunedoara County Council, Lugoj, Sebes, Targu Ocna, Aiud, Deva.
A few of the company’s projects are:
- first municipal bond issues (Mangalia and Predeal in March - October 2001);
- first bond issues listed in the Bucharest Stock Exchange;
- first bond issues over $1 million worth (Bacau, October 2002);
- first bond issues with fixed rate smaller than 10% (Timisoara, 8.25 %, 2005);
- highest maturity (23 years, Bistrita, 2006).
Over 65% of the bond emissions in Romania were realized with the help of VMB Partners. To this moment, VMB Partners obtained finances exceeding $1,4 billion.
Throughout its different projects, the company collaborated with prime rank institutions, like: BRD – Grouppe Societe Generale, BRD Securities, Banca Comerciala Romana, BCR Securities, Raiffeisen Bank, Raiffeisen Capital & Investment, Dexia Kommunalkredit Bank AG, BT Securities, Alpha Bank Romania, Research Triangle Institute (the manager of the USAID Local Government Assistance program) and the Romanian-American Enterprise Fund.
The current strategy of the company is based on high quality financial services.
VMB Partners will continue to expand on the municipal bonds market through substantial bond issues with high maturities, aiming to reach 25 years.
Another important objective of the company is counseling corporate bonds issues and placing them on the international market.
Short-term projects include advisory services for investment funds, private investments and foreign direct investments.
VMB Partners services:
- Advisory services for the issuers of real estate with fixed income (corporate and municipal bonds);
- Project financings for commercial institutions and municipalities;
- Structuring of complex financial products: real estate, investment funds, special structures (special purpose financial vehicles);
- Management consultancy;
- Online software application for budget management and multiannual planification.